16. Kudu Data Store¶
The GeoMesa Kudu Data Store is an implementation of the GeoTools
DataStore interface that is backed
by Apache Kudu. It is found in the
geomesa-kudu directory of the GeoMesa
Apache Kudu completes Hadoop’s storage layer to enable fast analytics on fast data.
GeoMesa leverages Kudu predicate push-down, column selection, and more, all through the GeoTools API. The Kudu Data Store is a good choice for running Spark analytics on a few attributes at a time, as the columnar storage format minimizes the underlying data reads. In addition, due to Kudu’s compression options and ability to rapidly query non-indexed columns, space on disk is minimized compared to more complex systems like HBase.
The GeoMesa Kudu data store is an alpha-level feature, and hasn’t been robustly tested at scale.
To get started with the Kudu Data Store, try the GeoMesa Kudu Quick Start tutorial.
- 16.1. Installing GeoMesa Kudu
- 16.2. Kudu Data Store Configuration
- 16.3. Kudu Index Configuration
- 16.4. Using the Kudu Data Store Programmatically
- 16.5. Using the Kudu Data Store in GeoServer
- 16.6. Using the Kudu Command-Line Tools
- 16.7. Using the Kudu Data Store With Spark
- 16.8. Visibilities in Kudu