18. Kafka Data Store¶
GeoMesa currently supports Kafka version 0.10.x or later, and has been tested up to 2.7.0. However, not all features are supported for versions prior to 1.0. The runtime classpath requires Kafka version 2+, but should be compatible with brokers back to Kafka 0.10.
The GeoMesa Kafka Data Store is an implementation of the GeoTools
DataStore interface that is backed by Apache Kafka. The
implementation supports the ability for feature producers to instantiate
a Kafka Data Store in producer mode to persist data into the data
store and for consumers to instantiate a Kafka Data Store in
consumer mode to read data from the data store. The producer and
consumer data stores can be run on separate servers. The only
requirement is that they can connect to the same instance of Apache
All of the Kafka-specific code for GeoMesa is found in the
directory of the source distribution.
To get started with the Kafka Data Store, try the GeoMesa Kafka Quick Start tutorial.
- 18.1. Installing GeoMesa Kafka
- 18.2. Using the Kafka Data Store Programmatically
- 18.3. Data Producers
- 18.4. Data Consumers
- 18.5. Using the Kafka Data Store in GeoServer
- 18.6. Kafka Command-Line Tools
- 18.7. Kafka Index Configuration
- 18.8. Data Management
- 18.9. Transactional Writes
- 18.10. Listening for Feature Events
- 18.11. Confluent Integration