Presentations and Papers
- FOSS4G NA 2021
- ApacheCon 2021 - Streaming IoT sensor data with LocationTech GeoMesa, Apache Kafka, and NiFi
- ApacheCon 2020 - Enabling geospatial in big data lakes and databases with LocationTech GeoMesa
- ApacheCon 2019 - Using GeoMesa on top of Apache Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra, and big data file formats for massive geospatial data
- DC DataWorks 2019 NoSQL Day - Optimizing Geospatial Operations with Server-side Programming in HBase and Accumulo
- FOSS4G NA 2019
- FOSS4G NA 2018
- FOSS4G NA 2017 - Indexes in geo-temporal data sets... How much is enough?
The query is slow. Ah, create an index! The query is fast. Now another query is slow... Quickly, the complexity of the query-planner, in addition to the volume of stored data, balloons. Is it worth it? That depends. It depends upon your data distribution, your per-field (and per-field-group) selectivities, your query planner fu, your query distribution, your support responsibilities... it depends on a lot of things. In this talk, we summarize our experience with GeoMesa, first as a geo-temporal data store, and then as a more general purpose data management platform; we cover the benefits and costs of adding exciting, new indexes every time someone's query is slow.
- CCRi partners with Google for a GeoMesa powered by Google Cloud Bigtable.
- FOSS4G NA 2016 - GeoMesa, GeoBench, and SFCurve: Measuring and improving BigGeo performance May 4, 2016
- FOSS4G 2015 - GeoMesa as a Distributed Spatio-Temporal Database and Computational Framework, Wednesday, March 11, 2014
- DC Data Wranglers - Scaling Spatial Analytics, Tuesday, October 21, 2014
FOSS4G Distributed Spatiotemporal Analytics, Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Anthony Fox presents at the Location Intelligence Summit 2014. Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
- Anthony Fox presents GeoMesa at the LocationTech meet-up in Washington, DC. Wednesday, March 26, 2014.
- Jamie Conklin introduces GeoMesa. 2013.
- Hulbert, Kunicki, Hughes, Fox, and Eichelberger. "An experimental study of big spatial data systems". Conference: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data). December 2016. DOI: 10.1109/BigData.2016.7840909
- Hughes, Zimmerman, Eichelberger, and Fox. "A survey of techniques and open-source tools for processing streams of spatio-temporal events". Conference: the 7th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on GeoStreaming. October 2016. DOI: 10.1145/3003421.3003432
- Hughes, Annex, Eichelberger, and Ronquest. "GeoMesa: a distributed architecture for spatio-temporal fusion". Conference: SPIE Defense + Security. May 2015. DOI: 10.1117/12.2177233
- Spatio-temporal Indexing in Non-relational Distributed Databases, presented at the 2013 IEEE Big Data Conference in Santa Clara, CA